Saturday 14 January 2012

Modem Configuration for ITI DNA-A211-I (Type-4)

ITI DNA-A211-I

You have chosen ITI modem (Model: ITI DNA-A211-I). It is a type-4 modem in context to BSNL modem terminology. It has four Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi transmitter for PC connectivity.
                         I will discuss the bridge configuration (i.e dialer mode) for this modem pictorially with required text when needed. I will break the whole modem configuration procedure in two steps. Please follow the steps:





STEP 1. LAN Configuration:
              Put the IP address in Local Area Connection as-
              IP Add: 192.168.1.50 (Say)
              Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
              Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
              Like-


              

STEP 2. Modem Configuration:
              Open Internet Explorer or other browser, and put 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser and hit enter.One window of modem configuration will open, put the user name and password as-
              User Name: admin
              Password: admin
              Like-


               After providing user name and password, you will come to the home page of modem. Just click on Advanced setup on left side. like-


               Select all configuration except br_0_0_32 service and click on remove. Like-


               Then click on edit button, change VCI=35 from 32 then click on next. Like-


               click next - > then next -> then next -> then save. Like- 


              Then save/reboot. Like-


              After 2 minutes of rebooting, it wiil complete the modem configuration.


For Wireless Setup:
              Click on Wireless on left side. Like-


             Click on basic. Like-


             Check Enable Wireless, rename SSID as you want or leave it as it is, set country name.Click on security. Like-


              
              Put Network authentication: Open, WEP Encryption: enable, Select Encryption Strength: 64. Current Network Key:1, then enter 5 alpha-numeric password in Network Key 1. Click on save/apply. Like-


               Click on Management on left side, then click on Save/ Reboot. After 2 minutes of rebooting, it wiil complete the modem configuration.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I've a question. Before this process, an open wi-fi network ITI used to be shown my search results. Now I kept the SSID same but secured with a WEP password. From my phone, I'm still not able to connect to ITI. Before it used to stay on 'obtaining IP address ...' and still its there only. Do I need to do something more? What's the reason behind it? Help please! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thank you for info.. My modem restarting itself after I connect Ethernet.. Is there way to find whats the problem.. Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not able to connect via PPP0E I think My user name or password may be wrong. But how i recover it plz. suggest me urgently.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir I tried to configure the modem as per your step by step tutorial. But it is not getting connected, showing cross mark between computer and internet.I have reset the modem by using the depressed switch on the backside. pl. advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. unable to open http://192.168.1.1/ in the browser

    ReplyDelete
  6. ey, I've a question. Before this process, an open wi-fi network ITI used to be shown my search results. Now I kept the SSID same but secured with a WEP password. From my phone, I'm still not able to connect to ITI. Before it used to stay on 'obtaining IP address ...' and still its there only. Do I need to do something more? What's the reason behind it? Help please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my router is routing Guest WiFi. how should i disable it

    ReplyDelete